Strain Spotlight: Modified Grapes Jump to Recipe
Whether you are a first-time medical cannabis consumer or a veteran cannabis user, the ability to experience an ever-growing assortment of cannabis strains is part of what makes this treatment option so appealing. In fact, there are an overwhelming number of strains out there, with striking differences in appearance, scent, taste, effects and more—it is next to impossible to make a decision quickly.
We’re looking at one of our favorite strains, Modified Grapes, to help you decide if this specific strain is right for your needs!
If you’ve never heard of it, you’re probably wondering, what kind of strain is Modified Grapes? Modified Grapes is the child strain of two of the most celebrated strains today—GMO and Purple Punch. Modified Grapes’ buds have been described as “picture perfect,” and their aroma, taste, and effects are widely regarded among medical cannabis patients and responsible consumers.
Modified Grapes Review
As an indica (60%) and sativa (40%) hybrid, Modified Grapes is the best of both worlds. Many pure strains are too overwhelming for those looking to get simple pain relief without losing their cognitive ability, or too mild for those seeking relief from anxiety. However, Modified Grapes is an ideal balance between Indica and Sativa, featuring the best of both worlds and letting you receive the benefits unique to such a steady hybrid.
Here is what MÜV Cultivators have to say about Modified Grapes:
Here are a few real MÜV Patient reviews of Modified Grapes Flower:
“A Lovely Indica! The genetics of this strain are perfect for me! A smooth purple punch inhale, followed by a funky GMO smelling exhale!! Helps in the morning and at night!”
“Very nice and relaxing. I've been sitting here an hour after 2 hits from a straw and I'm on cloud 9. It's as good as anything I've had anywhere.”
“Taste is on point! Nice dark golden color! Helps with pain and sleep and just chillin! Definitely would purchase again!”
“Strong psychoactive effects. Great for right before bed but be sure to use it when in a safe place. Do not need a lot as it has long lasting effects.”
Overall, users give this strain 4.9 out of 5 stars, making it a top-rated strain that is universally loved.
Modified Grapes Strain Appearance, Scent And Taste
Modified Grapes has a unique appearance among the hierarchy of cannabis plants. The appearance is stunning overall, displaying mostly purple in color with heavy doses of amber and peach covering the green canvas. And the trichomes, in particular, are out of this world, providing a frosty blanket around each nug. Keep in mind that nothing we say here will be anything like seeing the product for yourself in all its glory.
Along with a savory taste, the bud itself comes with an intoxicating aroma. Although you won’t get that rush of scent when you open the jar, you ‘ll certainly experience it when you pinch part of the plant together—if not more. As you would expect from the child of GMO and Purple Punch, the aroma has hints of earth and fruity berries under its unique diesel fuel and grape candy exterior. Modified Grapes truly takes the best aroma characteristics from each of its parents and will leave you eager to experience more.
Modified Grapes has become a popular cut in many treatment plans. As a medicinal cannabis strain, it works well at relieving pain, but it isn’t so powerful that you lose your clear-headedness. Modified Grapes also promotes euphoria and calmness, making it perfect to use in the evening when winding down or even throughout your more relaxing daily activities.
Strainprint Patient Pioneers, in particular, have found great success with the strain for mood disorders. Anxiety and depression have reported efficacy of 68% and 69%, respectively, but depression is the strain’s true standout at 66% efficacy.
Consumers report different types of activities they enjoy while using this strain, such as yoga, painting, hiking, fishing, or similar calming activities. While most report Modified Grapes helps ease their mind and get some sleep, many also report it is suitable as a natural painkiller, anti-inflammatory, anti-anxiety aid and much more. Based on the data, Modified Grapes is a great, well-rounded choice for any medical consumer.
Modified Grape Strain FAQs
Q: Is Modified Grapes a Hybrid?
A: Yes, Modified Grapes are a hybrid strain of both indica and sativa. However, the indica is the slightly dominant feature in the plant, so the sativa effects are fewer in comparison, mostly showing up to promote relaxation and calmness. In Modified Grapes, the proportions are approximately 60% indica and 40% sativa, making for a fairly balanced strain. This makes it perfect for those who don’t want to be overwhelmed by either indica or sativa, allowing benefits from both.
Q: Does Modified Grapes have any variations?
A: Yes! There are two crossbred variations of the Modified Grapes strain, known as Toxic Strawberry and Mimosified Grapes. However, because of the nature of the breeding process, it can be difficult if not impossible in some instances to breed these two together. As a result, there is a bit of a lack of variation beyond this point.
In addition, there are two different cuts of the strain at MÜV, #5 and #6. #5 is more green in color with reported uplifting effects, while #6 is more purple with reported sedating effects.
Q: What is Modified Grapes commonly used to treat?
A: Modified Grapes has shown to be exceptionally good at supplying all-round relief to patients, but the most common issue we’ve seen the strain used for is anxiety. As an indica-sativa hybrid, the effects work both physically and psychologically, while not being overbearing on either side. Many sativa strains prove too energizing for some people, while many indica strains don’t do enough. Modified Grapes avoids either extreme and can thus be enjoyed by just about anyone. This balance is further emphasized if you modify the state of the strain to produce concentrates, flower, or RSO.
Q: What products does MÜV’s Modified Grapes support?
A: MÜV supports all manners of consumption and does not limit the selection. You can purchase flower, concentrate, vape pens, tinctures, shatter and more, all with the Modified Grape strain.
Q: How can I get Modified Grapes for myself?
A: If you are looking to get Modified Grapes from MÜV, you’ll need a medical marijuana license that is valid in the state of Florida. To do so, speak with your physician about your symptoms, and your treatment options. Once obtained, you can freely visit any of the MÜV dispensaries across the state. Then, all you’ll need to do is ask one of our dispensary workers to show you the selection of Modified Grapes products.
Q: Will the VA get Modified Grapes for me?
A: No, the Department of Veteran’s Affairs policies legally bind them and advise against recommending anything related to marijuana, even if it is obtained legally through medical licenses. However, you are encouraged to discuss your medical use with your VA clinician as it will not put you at any risk of losing your benefits and can allow your provider to make adequate adjustments to any medication or treatment plans. It is important to be open about any major medication you are starting to take with your primary care physician and the VA clinician—including medical marijuana.
Modified Grapes Products Through MÜV
As a specialty medical marijuana dispensary, MÜV takes pride in having long been a primary source for all the best strains of cannabis in Florida. We strive to be a reliable source of both the newest strains of medical marijuana as well as your favorites, and Modified Grapes is no exception to the rule.
At MÜV, Modified Grapes comes in a wide variety of forms, suitable for any medical consumer. We offer Modified Grapes flower, pre-rolls, vape carts, shatter, crumble, live rosin, RSO and RSO tincture.
Here's a breakdown of the MÜV Products that come in strain-specific form, like Modified Grapes:
- Flower and Pre-rolls are the tried-and-true old friends of the cannabis industry. Even if you are completely new to the world of cannabis, it’s likely you’re familiar with these products. Simply put, flower is the dried bud portion of the cannabis plant, suitable for grinding and smoking. Pre-rolls are pre-prepared joints that you can unpackage and smoke right away without worrying about a grinder and rolling papers.
- All-In-One Disposable Vape Pens and the MÜV Plus Vape Cartridges have become increasingly popular over the years. All-in-Ones contain the same product, but they come in a ready to use, self-contained battery and cart pen that is disposable, making it a great option for use on-the-go. Our MÜV Plus Vape Carts contain the same premium cannabis oil, ready to vape with a CCELL® Battery. Using a vape comes with many benefits over flower such as the lack of smell, ease of use, discretion, and transportability.
- Plus Distillate is a concentration of cannabinoids and terpenes and resembles honey in both texture and color. The measured-dose syringe doses at 25mg per grain of rice-sized drop. Distillate is activated so it can be consumed orally, dabbed or combusted with flower.
- Shatter is a cannabis extract that is commonly known for it’s hard, translucent-like appearance that breaks and shatters like glass. Shatter can be added to your flower for an added layer of dosing, or it can be “dabbed” instead, which is a way to heat the concentrate and inhale the vapors using a dabbing device.
- Crumble is a less brittle form of cannabis concentrate. Like shatter, it also gets its name from the unique texture it has as it quite literally crumbles when manipulated. Crumble is a much softer consistency and resembles a honeycomb in form and color. It can be consumed on its own in a concentrate pen, a traditional dab rig or added to flower.
- Live Rosin is yet another concentrate, found in the same category as shatter and crumble. However, it is processed from a different living part of the plant, which is where the word ‘live’ comes from in the name. It’s a full spectrum product, which means the plant is flash frozen shortly after harvest so the chemical fingerprint of the plant is still intact on the harvested flower and therefore the final product contains more of the cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids.
- RSO and RSO Tinctures are usually used in the medical field and are an extremely potent form of cannabis. RSO features many of the beneficial parts of the cannabis plant you don’t normally get with other extracts but is extremely sedating, particularly in syringe form as the average dose is a whopping 25mg. The MÜV RSO Tinctures are designed to bridge the gap between the inexperienced cannabis user, as the dropper-based dosing gives a finer control than the syringe-based delivery, with full dropper measuring at 20mg.
Ready to Try Modified Grapes for Yourself?
Whether you are new to medical cannabis use or simply searching for the ideal strain, we suggest giving Modified Grapes a try. This balanced, effective strain is a favorite among our staff and comes highly recommended for all the reasons listed above—not least its ability to supply the ideal combination of relaxed calm, reduced pain, and a clear head so many cannabis users are searching for.
Modified Grapes, as well as many other strains, is grown and distributed by MÜV Cannabis Dispensaries in Florida. This strain is featured in several MÜV Products so you can find the dosing method that works best for you and your medical cannabis routine.
Are you ready to find your new favorite strain? Start shopping at a MÜV Dispensary near you today!